Tiller Engineering is seeking an Intermediate Structural Engineer to join our team in St. John’s, NL. Established in 2001, we are a regional leader in structural engineering, inspection services, and project management, serving clients in telecommunications, infrastructure, and energy industries throughout Atlantic Canada. Tiller Engineering excels in consulting services for infrastructure, buildings, energy, and telecommunications sectors, providing design, analysis, asset integrity, project management, inspection, and field reports.
Tiller Engineering is recruiting for a full-time, permanent Intermediate Structural Engineer. The successful candidate will assist senior structural engineers in the office and field, supporting Tiller’s projects in the building, energy, and Telecom Industries. Responsibilities include consulting directly with clients to ensure steady deliverables on engineering projects, with opportunities for growth within our small organization.
- Develop engineering analysis, design, specifications, and drawings.
- Conduct site visits for design information.
- Perform field surveys and inspections.
- Complete detailed inspection reports.
- Check and review designs and drawings by other employees.
- Operate computer-aided design (CAD) and drafting workstations.
- Examine structures and advise on measures to improve structural integrity.
- Collaborate with other designers and clients to develop safe designs.
- Work with construction contractors to ensure compliance with industry and design standards.
- Utilize various types of software and programs.
- Attend production and industry meetings with the team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Structural/Civil Engineering.
- P.Eng Classified.
- 8+ years of experience as a structural engineer.
- $85,000-$110,000 per year.
- Extended health care, dental, and vision care.
- On-site parking (If based in St. John’s).
- 3 weeks’ vacation.
- Full time, Monday through Friday; some work outside regular workday hours may be required.
- Travel within Atlantic Canada may be necessary.
- Tiller Engineering is headquartered in St. John’s, NL. Office space will be provided if the successful candidate is based in Nova Scotia.
If you are a motivated Engineer skilled in industrial design, apply today!
For more information, please reach out to:
Tonya Guilfoyle, Senior Recruiter & HR Consultant | firstname.lastname@example.org
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.apply
Looking for a quality solution?
At Tiller, we welcome projects of all sizes with open arms. Whether you’re in need of a comprehensive solution for your engineering, or inspection needs, or simply have a question, we encourage you to reach out to us. Our team is ready and eager to assist you in finding the perfect fit for you.